Why use an insurance broker?
If you’re a business owner, or an individual looking for just the right insurance for your unique needs, an insurance broker could be about to become your new best friend!
An insurance broker is a professional adviser who is an expert in insurance and risk management. They work on behalf of their clients, not for insurance companies, and can be relied on to provide professional advice and guidance in your best interest.
Insurance brokers love to help, and will assist you in identifying your individual and/or business risks so you can decide how to deal with them, and the type of insurance you need to safeguard your assets and livelihood.
Brokers know insurance inside out. They can identify the important details that would by-pass the average insurance buyer, such as terms and conditions, benefits and exclusions, and the costs of a wide range of competing insurance policies.
Whereas we mere mortals might struggle to discern the differences between insurance policies, insurance brokers can see straight to the heart of the issue to make sure you have the right cover for your specific needs at the best price on the market.
The insurance broker value proposition
If you haven’t worked with an insurance broker before, you’re probably oblivious to the many benefits they can bring to your life or business. So to make your life easier, we’ve set out the best reasons for using a broker for all your insurance needs.
- Insurance brokers are objective and qualified insurance experts, with a depth of experience, understanding and training that you just cannot match if you’re buying insurance directly online yourself.
- Brokers partner with their clients, providing expert advice and advocacy as well as looking after the insurance details, including claims. This enables you to focus on your business.
- Insurance brokers understand and assess your risk, using their expertise to review all options and tailor cover to match your risk, cost effectively.
- Brokers deliver personalized service because they take the time to understand your business and build long term relationships.
- Brokers are objective specialists and can access insurance covers from a wide range of underwriters and insurance agents.
- Businesses face a broad and expanding range of risks. Insurance brokers are at the forefront of the rapidly evolving insurance environment, and are developing and tailoring covers to respond to these changes.
- Brokers are firmly on their clients’ side, and act as advocates at all times, including during time of claim. This can severely reduce your stress levels at times of crisis.